The Legion serves all Veterans
The Royal Canadian Legion was founded by Veterans and for Veterans.
What We Do:
- We advocate for the care and benefits of all who served Canada, regardless of when or where they served.
- We also provide representation and assistance to Veterans, including those currently serving Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP, and their families and access to our services are available to them at no cost, whether or not they are Legion members.
- The Legion helps thousands of Veterans each year and makes significant positive changes in their lives.
If you or a Veteran you know in the Barrie area needs help, please contact the Barrie Legion Branch 147 by calling 705-728-1412 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to speak to our Barrie Branch Service Officer, Fern Taillefer. All services are free of charge, and you do not need to be a Legion member to access our services
If you are a Canadian Veteran outside of the Barrie area or know of a Veteran who needs support, please visit our Dominion Command Website to learn more about how the Legion can provide assistance.
You can immediately go to this site by clicking on the URL provided here: https://www.legion.ca/support-for-veterans
Royal Canadian Legion's Veterans Services Network works on behalf of Veterans to ensure they receive the benefits they deserve. We offer assistance and information on “sometimes” complicated processes.
Any Veteran or Veteran’s dependent in need of assistance is eligible to apply for financial aid from the Poppy Trust Fund, including:
- Any person who is serving or who has honourably served in the Canadian Armed Forces or the RCMP, as well as their dependents
- Merchant Navy personnel who have been awarded campaign stars or decorations, as well as their dependents
- Ex-service personnel of Commonwealth countries and their dependents who reside in Canada
- Ex-service personnel of allied countries and their dependents who reside in Canada
The Legion’s Veterans Services Network consists of volunteer Branch Service Officers and Professional Command Service Officers who provide assistance at all stages of the disability claim process, free of charge, whether or not you are a Legion member